Saturday, April 25, 2020

Blood Child


1. What is your reaction to the text you just read?
It was a lot to take in. I did not expect for there to be so much description of how they impregnate people? When we were talking in groups I found out that it’s implied by the cover art that our main character is a child, which is pretty disturbing, but honestly I’m desensitized to a lot of things.

2. What connections did you make with the story? Discuss what elements of the story with which you were able to connect?
I mean there was not a lot to make connections with, besides maybe how the aliens are parasites but it’s an agreement between them and the Terrans, so.


3. What changes would you make to adapt this story into another medium? What medium would you choose; what changes would you make?
I think this would be an awesome story as a comic! I think it’s descriptions are worth having illustrations, maybe it’s because I own comics that are similarly sci-fi horror that are beautifully rendered. I think I would stay to the text as much as I could just because I think it’s worth living the gross scenes in all their glory.


4. Are there elements of this work that you would consider afro-futurist?
Not really since they really don’t mention anything about race as far as I’m concerned. I guess it’s implied, but I didn’t really understand that without it being explained to me.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that this short story would make a really cool horror comic. It'd be really interesting to see how an artist would design and illustrate the alien beings. Plus, the horror/gore scenes would be really dramatic.

    ReplyDelete