Sunday, May 3, 2020

I Think We're All Bozos on This Bus


I really don’t know what to say. I was confused the entire time what was happening, but when I closed my eyes I could finally sort of picture what was happening in the ‘plot’. A hacker and Clown go to a theme park and the hacker tries to hack into the rides? I don’t even know, haha. I think this was just so the creators could include references to pop culture while mentioning the future and predicting how silly the idea of the future has become. I mean they are traveling through a theme park, so that shows what they think the future will be like (and I agree with them, I feel like I’m in a theme park even decades later). I like the fact that the president was apparently an animatronic. I feel like that is also an accurate representation considering all of the stuff he says. I believe the title is incredibly fitting not just for the adventure itself, but for describing the world during this insane period of time. It could also be argued that the creators thought the ideas people at the time had for the future were ludicrous, and thus used those ideas to create a silly, satire including Holograms, clowns, hackers, and animatronics. Maybe the humor is lost on me, but I didn’t think it was my cup of tea. Although I respect and can realize that for it’s time, it would have been hilarious to experience.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like the movie "Idiocracy" is terms of random crazy shenanigans. When reading futuristic satire I found that maybe the author is poking fun at people who think human existence even matters at all. Maybe that is the case with this story as well?

    ReplyDelete